Friday, February 24, 2012

A lot to be grateful for...

A little while ago, this little buddy ended up in the hospital.  He liked telling everybody it was because of his "purple dots".  He really did have these weird purple dots all over his body (from blood vessels bursting under his skin) and bruises popping up like crazy.  Turned out he had ITP -- a rare blood disorder, caused by a virus that triggered his antibodies to attack his healthy platelets.  Fortunately it was treatable.  Doesn't he make a cute patient, though?  He loved his very own flat screen TV, by the way.  And his brothers and sister were eating their heart out.  (If they only knew what he had to go through to get it.)
 The doctors said this could take up to six months to recover from.  Well, this is Seth four weeks later, learning how to ride without training wheels.  In fact, he took off all by himself when my back was turned.  All I hear is -- "Mom!  Mom!  Look at me!  I'm doing it!"  And this is what I see.  I couldn't believe it!


Add this to our growing list of miracles our family has been blessed with.  We have a lot to be grateful for.

3 comments:

  1. That broke my heart to see that sweet boy in a hospital bed! Glad it is treatable and that recovery seems to be way ahead of schedule! How I miss that sweet boy (all of you!) Big hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. What an event. I'm glad he is OK and still smiling. We sure miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear he is recovering and well. Your sweet family is a miracle in and of itself. All our love and prayers to you.

    ReplyDelete